Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Random Observations

While looking at tartar control toothpaste recently, it occurred to me…what DO they make Tarter Sauce out of? Both substances are sort of white…. Some dentist out there has a really creepy secret, I think.

Pumpkin cutting is like the U.S. tax code. It’s gotten a lot more complex over the past 20 years, but not necessarily any prettier.


“They” are the reason for many of the daily things that cause unhappiness in daily life:
  • “They” had the road all torn up.
  • “They” make us do it this way.
  • “They” say that this is the rule.
  • “They” don’t like it if I do this.
  • “They” are jacking up the price of gas.
  • “They” don’t like me.
  • “They” got me into trouble.
  • “They” said it wouldn’t rain, and now my hair is ruined.

So, who are “they” and why don’t we sell them to the military as a secret weapon? Let ‘em make somebody else miserable.

Cats are not necessarily smarter than dogs. It’s all about their attitude. So, why do we think that snooty, bossy, standoffish individuals are smart?

When someone says the phrase “I’m not going to lie to you…” that usually means that the next words spoken are guaranteed to be at least 90% confabulation.

Ditto the phrase “Now, don’t get me wrong.” Oh yeah, they are about to say something really insulting.

No comments: